Next Percona Live Event Scheduled for Amsterdam, October 3-5, 2016 — Call for Speakers Now Open
Percona, the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today announced the success of its fifth annual Percona Live Database Performance Conference 2016 (formerly the MySQL Conference and Expo), which was held April 18-21, 2016 at The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Santa Clara Convention Center. Percona also announced that the Call for Papers is now open for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2016, which will take place October 3-5, 2016 at the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre in Amsterdam. Super Saver registration rates are available until July 3.
More than 1,000 attendees from over 40 countries and more than 450 companies gathered in Santa Clara for eight keynote addresses and 180 breakout sessions designed to inform and inspire the MySQL and NoSQL markets. Companies with the greatest representation at the event were Facebook, Google, Amazon, Box, and Deep Information Science, an important indication of the value the conference offers to companies that rely on MySQL and NoSQL to run their businesses.
“Across the board, this was our most exciting conference yet,” said Peter Zaitsev, co-founder and CEO of Percona. “The keynotes were illuminating, covering the essential topics of our industry, and the attendees left the breakouts with a far deeper understanding of how to make MySQL and NoSQL work for their companies and initiatives. Our community continues to be one of the closest and most engaged tech groups I have ever been a part of.”
Highlighting the conference was a keynote address by Bill Nye the Science Guy and CEO of the Planetary Society on Bill Nye’s Objective – Change the World. In the address, Nye discussed how the process of science and critical thinking can help us not only be positive about the challenges we face in our world today, but also come up with the big ideas we need to solve them. Topics included his parents’ involvement in science (his mother worked on the Enigma Code in World War 2!), working at Boeing as an engineer, and his involvement with Carl Sagan.
The other keynote addresses included:
- Amazon Web Services’ Anurag Gupta on AWS Big Data Services: Reimagining Big Data Processing in the Cloud
- DataStax’s Patrick McFadin on Take back the power in your cloud applications with Apache Cassandra
- Deep Information Sciences’ Chad Jones on Transcending database tuning problems
- Facebook’s Mark Callaghan on MyRocks, MongoRocks and RocksDB
- Oracle’s Tomas Ulin on MySQL: Combining SQL and NoSQL
- Percona’s Peter Zaitsev on Winning with Open Source Databases
- Panel Discussion on Data in The Cloud
Percona Live Database Performance Conference 2016 was made possible through the support of sponsors, including:
- Diamond Plus: Deep Information Science, RocksDb
- Platinum: Rackspace, VivdCortex
- Gold: Amazon Web Services
- Silver: Shopify, Yelp
- Exhibit Only: AgilData, BlackMesh, Box, Clustrix, Continuent, Eventbrite, Galera Cluster, GridGain, HGST, MaxGuage, MemSQL, Pythian, Raintank, RedHat, ScaleArc, Solarwinds, Vertabelo, DBSeer, Severalnines,
- Media: Datanami, DBTA, Opensource.com, O’Reilly Media
- Other: Google Cloud Platform, Intel, MailChip, MONyog
The Next Percona Conference
The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference will take place October 3-5, 2016 at the Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre in Amsterdam. The Call for Papers is now open, and the conference tracks will focus on MySQL, MongoDB and ODBMS. Sponsorships are available.
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL and MongoDB across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the Internet such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC, as well as to many smaller companies looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona DatabasePerformance Blog. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.